THE WALK (Part 2)


Yeah I know it’s been a month that I wrote the part one of this blog but I was really busy and was just not feeling like writing anything. Let’s continue from where I left telling you about that walk.

After the monument I moved towards the London Bridge which is one of the oldest bridges over the river Thames. Just to tell you a quick fact, the existing queen of Great Britain has also the code name after this bridge and the code line in case of her death is “London Bridge has Fallen”. Well coming to the point again, I was standing on the London bridge looking at the old Tower Bridge, The Shard, some other old and new buildings and at that time it occurred to me again same as back in Lahore with the old tree. The old, peaceful river Thames started talking to me, telling me stories of the old times. It told me the transition of this place from a primitive place with no facilities to the center of an empire on which the sun never sets, and then again in to a small but power full country. It told me the stories of how religious people took away the religion from the common man by making it so difficult; it showed me the knights of the crusade wars moving here and there, it showed me the transition from old to new. I stood there for I do not know how much time listening to its stories.

After that I moved ahead, crossed the London Bridge and had a walk besides the Thames and that beautiful small market. There is a retired war ship turned into a museum there, HMS Belfast but that day I didn’t go inside it. Some other time may be. Then I again sat there on the bank of the Thames looking at the fabulous tower bridge and the tower of the London on the other side of the river. It is strange how these things survived so much of the history, so much pain and still standing. I believe even all these structures, these streams, these rivers; these roads have soul and heart. When things go out of their control we see things like earth quakes, buildings falling of no reason and floods.
Well this all was a lot for me, so I crossed that bridge, looking at the happy faces of people up there, the locks there were putting on the bridge as I promise, I came home, promising that bridge, that river that I’ll be back soon to listen the rest of their stories.


Stay tuned, and comment any suggestions you have.

If you reached till this point, I deserve to ask a click on the follow tab too.

You Can Follow My Photos Over Here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raigani by Sohaib Mugheera Siddiqui

میری پی ایچ ڈی کہانی (پارٹ 3)

Air travel for the First Time